Life as we know it & BIG Moves:)

Again, it has been a while since I have posted- I am sorry! I have been very busy (typical excuse:). My mind has been preoccupied with work, life, and wanting to go back to Africa:)

 On the adoption front we have still not heard anything from the orphanage- So we will continue to PRAY and WAIT. Although I don't enjoy waiting, I know that this process is not in my hands and Jim & I will continue to be faithful to HIS timing and not ours:)

On another note- Jim and I celebrated our One year anniversary on October 15th. Man a year sure did fly by. I still remember our first date like it was yesterday. I would have never imagined our lives would be where they are, but boy am I thankful!
I feel like our wedding was just yesterday, I was getting ready with my best friends- laughing & trying not to cry (tears of joy of course!).It is incredibly special to share that day with your close friends, I am forever grateful for the ladies in my life.


 I will never forget the moment before I walked down the aisle with my dad- I was so EXCITED to see Jim at the end of that aisle. My nerves settled as soon as I saw him- I knew that this was the rest of my life and I could not wait to get it started:) I am still amazed at what the Lord has done for us this year. One year later we have a home, and have begun the process to expand our family through adoption. We are incredibly fortunate and blessed- I can't even begin to express how thankful I am to have such an amazing husband by my side. For our one year anniversary we decided to take a beach getaway to the ocean- we rented a little cottage and just had an amazing time with our pups at the beach.


On our way home from the ocean I was joking with Jim about leaving our jobs this summer and moving to Africa- I was not even considering the option for real, but once I said it I realized that it just may work. We have both wanted to go on the mission field to Africa, and our goal was to do it before we were 30. We talked about timing and the obstacles we would need to take care of before being able to go and we realized that right now is the time- we talked with our parents and began planning behind the scenes!

We created a list of things that needed to be taken care of (house, animals, etc) and within one week all of the big items on our list were accounted for. Our house has renters and our animals all have homes for the year! We were shocked at how everything just seemed to fall into place- with that I am happy to announce that this August Jim & I will be moving to Africa for a year! We will be working with our church & orphanage over there as well as starting a free athletic program for kids in the church and surrounding neighborhood! We are so incredibly thrilled to go on the mission field for a year and absolutely cannot wait for August to come! We will still continue our adoption through this time and we are praying to finalize it while we are there. Please continue to pray for us as we continue with the planning process:)

I found this picture one day on the internet and I thought it was such a sweet description of Africa and very fitting considering we will be living there in just 10 short months!

Comments

Popular Posts