One year on our adoption journey

Yet again- it has been FOREVER since my last blog post and I don't have a good excuse other than being busy with life:)

I was looking at my blog today and realized that we began our adoption journey last March and it has already been a year! I am in shock just how fast time flies. That being said- we are still waiting for a referral from our orphanage and we don't really anticipate getting one until after we have moved over there this summer. Although it isn't easy and I have such a desire to be a mother- I know that God truly does have perfect timing.

Being able to wait this year has been tough, but such a blessing to us. If our adoption had gone through quickly we probably wouldn't have gotten the opportunity to move over to Africa this summer. Jim and I are incredibly excited to be moving across the world for a year and we can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for our lives in Africa.

As I said life has been busy and these months have been filled with fun so here are a few snapshots to catch you up:)

Christmas 2012


Mini vacation to the ocean

 
Sledding fun in Chelan with my brother and soon-to-be sister-in-law!






An amazing trip to Virginia to visit my family over there:)

Thanks for reading and I promise to not have months in between each post- I am obviously not the best "blogger" :)

P.S. I will be posting the video we made for our move to Africa this week! So keep an eye out for it:)

Comments

Popular Posts