Brave

"You're brave" 


I had someone tell me that the other day. I almost laughed and cried {all at the same time}. 


We don't feel "brave" per say. Rather, we feel that God led us down this path, and He called us to the road of adoption. You see, without Him, our adoption story could have turned out to be drastically different, or it may not have happened at all. 


Our life is unique - most definitely. I understand why this person told me I was brave, and it was incredibly sweet of them to offer such a compliment. My heart though feels as if it is just walking down the road that was laid right in front of us. We made some hard choices, but God was right there with us guiding each step, each turn, and each change. He knew the path. My heart was moving towards adoption and what I thought should happen and then God showed us what He had planned for us. Oh, His plans are so much sweeter than I could have ever dreamed. 


We get to be the parents of the three sweetest children. When we started our adoption journey, I thought we would be adopting one child - how thankful I am that God intervened and led us here can't be expressed with words. 


So to the person who called me brave, thank you. Truly, we don't feel brave - I have been scared, stressed, and tired from this process - brave was not how I was feeling. 


When she said that though, a little light lit up in my mind - I began thinking about what "brave" is to me. Am I brave? Are we brave? Who is brave to us? 


Then I thought of each of you…the people reading this right now…the people who have prayed, sent words of encouragement, listened to our hearts, and so graciously donated to help bring Jensen home. My friends, YOU are brave. You guys don't know Jensen; many of you don't even know us. That blows me away. 


When I think about bravery I see each of you - the lives that have come alongside us to help us walk down this unexpected path. Seeing donations come in is hard to explain. Honestly, many of the families and people who have donated we don't know at all or don’t know very well. To me, that is brave. 


To give to a cause that you don't know first-hand…to show a family a kind of love that we have never seen before…that is brave. 


I never wanted to ask for help - I really hated the idea of it. Then I met Jensen, and I knew the only way to get him home was to lay down my feelings and humbly ask for help. 


I so wish I could explain how this process has made us feel. 


You my friends are brave. I admire your bravery, and I can only hope to be as brave as you someday when I read someone’s blog and see their need. 

I hope that this process makes me brave and helps me fight harder for those children that don't have a voice of their own...for those in this world that are sadly overlooked.


Truly, thank you isn't enough. 

Right now, we urgently need about $4000 to cover our homestudy, agency fees and lawyer fees. Please keep praying for us as we continue & if you feel led- donate at:



Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world
James 1:27












 

Comments

Popular Posts