Bring Jensen Home

It has been quite some time since I have written in this little blog space of mine. Quite honestly, I just haven't been able to find the words and unpack how my heart has been feeling.

SO today is the day! 

But, I'm not going to get all mushy-- this is just a post to update about our son Jensen and the process to bring him home! 

We got word around midnight on September 11th that we had a court date….5 days later! I had to plan,  pack, get tickets, and try to stay {semi} sane so that I could leave for U*ganda and make it to court! 

Well, I am sitting here in London currently writing this post- I am 8 hours away from seeing our boy & I am so incredibly excited. It has been a whirlwind of emotions- excited, nervous, stressed, happy, scared…but mostly happy! I can't wait to see our son & I can't wait to tell him we are bringing him HOME! 

Many have asked what the timeline is & honestly we have NO idea- I don't know for sure when I will be back and depending on how things are moving will determine if I make two trips to bring him home or if I stay and try and finish the process in one trip. 

Jim & I are so incredibly thankful for everyone who has prayed, supported, and journeyed with us throughout this process. We truly wouldn't be here without you. 

Three and a half years ago, Jim & I started the adoption process intending to adopt one child. I giggle at how our life has gone since the early days of our marriage. I wouldn't change a single thing. It has been crazy. We have lived here, there, and everywhere. We have been through hard times and we have been through good times. I have learned that there is beauty in the struggle and that relying on God is where I find my hope. 

I still have a hard time unpacking my heart here. I have so many feelings about our time living in U*ganda, our time home, and everything in between that it has been hard to put pen to paper. SO this process I am going to try again. Please pray friends-- the last time I went through this process it was hard…I am so ready to bring our boy home, but I know that it means I have to go through some tough stuff, and quite honestly it scares me at times. The lack of control throughout this process is really a challenge for my personality. Aven has been telling me a lot lately- "Mommy we can do hard things" and I am so proud of him for saying that. As a mother, that is one thing I want him to always remember & I hope Jim & I are always an example of that to our children. I want them to know that we can do things that are hard and we shouldn't let fear stop us. 

So, stay tuned friends- we are bringing our boy HOME! 







Comments

Popular Posts