Patience

Yet again, it has been a LONG time since I have posted and yet again, I am sorry!

Jim & I have been BUSY- we are preparing for our move to Africa and we will be leaving in just 65 short days- I can't believe it is so soon! Between now and then we are busy paper chasing (for our adoption) and fundraising for our missionary year overseas!

Memorial Day weekend we were busy putting a fence up around our back yard & got some time to just relax- which was awesome! While Jim was building the fence with my dad, I was cleaning the house and stopped for a few minutes in our future kiddos room to admire some of the cute things we have collected for them thus far- they just make me smile:)



This past weekend we were able to head over the mountains to the east side of the state to celebrate Jim's moms birthday & his parents anniversary- it was a fun time with family. I am truly blessed to have such awesome in-laws who are so supportive of Jim & I.

Crescent Bar, 2013

While we have been very busy- our adoption is never far from my mind. I titled this blog "Growing in His Love" because we truly are growing as a family through Christ's love. Lately, patience has been on my heart. Those who know me well, know that I am probably one of the least patient people...ever! :) The adoption process has been SO incredibly humbling- and I truly am SO thankful for that. This process has made me rely on God more than I ever have. We go months without hearing things- we finally get some news and then we continue to wait- we send in paperwork and get it back because I made an error (that was fun!). While it has been such a process- I wouldn't change it.

On my way into work this morning- I was really thinking about being patient and trusting The Lord for HIS timing (which as I said above has been a humbling experience for me). I then thought about how God knows the child for us, and He is over there watching over them each day and each night. This gave me such comfort...I know I will forever be thankful for this process and the changes The Lord has created in me through it.



Yet those who wait for the Lord will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired. They will walk and not becomes weary. – Isaiah 40:31

Comments

Popular Posts