School Nurse Diaries: The end to a wonderful year

There are exactly 9.5 days left in this school year...who's counting?? :)

But really, I love my job- I have awesome co-workers, and I get to work with some pretty amazing kiddos everyday. My job here has been so sweet and has truly taught me so much- it will be hard to walk out on the last day of school.

This year has been filled with a lot of work- but a lot of fun. Elementary kids are hilarious- they say the best things & they definitely write the best notes.

Here are a few lovely notes I have received this year :)

This came from a really sweet student who switched schools mid year- made me cry!

This is a letter from a very articulate student who had an "eye infection" :)

This is a collection of notes I got on School Nurse appreciation day. 

Just the other day I had a student come in and enthusiastically tell me that there has been an outbreak in her classroom...When I asked her what the outbreak was she told me "it's a bad case of the head flu!"- she was very concerned. Luckily, she & her whole class were fine :).

 I never thought I would end up in school nursing- but I am glad that I did. I am sad to be leaving the school that I truly love working at. I know that many people aren't happy with their work; I know how blessed I have been here.

This school nurse is done for a year...but i'll be back at school nursing soon because...

In October of 2012, when Jim & I decided to move over to Africa I just figured I would leave my job at then end of this year and then apply for new jobs when we returned home.

God had a better plan.

Since we are in the middle of the adoption process- leaving my job and returning home without one didn't seem like the greatest plan, but I trusted that God would make everything work.

Fast-forward to January of 2013- I let my supervisor know that we were moving over to Africa in August and that I wouldn't be returning to my position next year. She was so incredibly kind to me about our decision and was genuinely excited for us- it is a blessing to have a supportive boss. She suggested that I apply for a leave of absence- which would allow me to take a year off without pay, but it would ensure that I had a job when I got home from Africa in the summer of 2014. I applied, unsure of what the outcome would be and not really expecting to have it approved because I had only been working for my district for 2 years.

To my surprise....my leave of absence was approved!! I know that when we come home- we will have a way to provide for our family and I no longer need to stress about this detail. God truly knew the plan, and His was so much sweeter than mine.


For I know the plans I have for you," declares The Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:11-13

Comments

Popular Posts